☜♥☞ ℋℯℓℓℴ❣ Feel free to comment and follow :) Have a nice day?



My Attitude‧ My Life

Facebook Badge

Friday, February 27, 2015

Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Butter Cream Frosting

Do you know that you need COURAGE to rise and do the thing you used to like which used to be looked down by your family? Ha! Don't get me wrong! My family has always been my support system and they always encourage me to show little passions in my life. But.... just not baking. Last time, we baked, my family joined in, but after a while we didn't bake anymore because the passion died away hence I got scolded by my dad. Plus, during that period of "low energy", we actually wasted many of the ingredients. My dad prohibited WASTAGE - food wastage, electricity wastage, water wastage, etc. So we're banned from baking!

As time ticks by, I soon realized it's not about being banned by my family but your roaring passion. Your passion will decide where you go, and you just need to show a little bit of that side to your family to convince them and to prove to them that you are rising. I love my family :)

Today, I tried Laura Vitale's recipe on vanilla cupcakes with strawberry butter cream frosting. The only change is that I substituted raspberries with strawberries. So here's her recipe!

Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins

Ingredients:

1 Cup Granulated Sugar

1 Stick Un-Salted Butter, softened

2 Eggs

2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1 1/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Whole Milk

For the Frosting:
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, softened
½ cup Raspberry Preserves
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1 16oz Box of Powdered Sugar
Fresh Raspberries, for garnishing

Process:

1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs and vanilla and cream together until you get a smooth mixture. Add the dry ingredients and with the speed on low mix together and slowly add the milk and just mix everything to combine. DO NOTOVERMIX! Make sure you give everything a good stir with a spatula from the bottom to incorporate any bit that wasn’t mixed.

3) Scoop the batter into your lined cupcake tin, make sure its only filled ¾ of the way up because they will rise. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for about 45 minutes before frosting.

4) To make the frosting combine together all the frosting ingredients except the fresh raspberries and mix together to combine. Add the frosting in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Top with a few fresh raspberries and dive in!

5) These little beauties are so delicious and beautiful that I promise you everybody is going to think that you went to a fancy shmancy bakery and bought them. I make these very often because they always get a wow reaction from everybody and of course they are delicious!

They're not perfect cupcakes but you can definitely tell that they're homemade! :P

Are you a sweet-lover? Because I basically think that the cupcakes are way too sweet. May be the icing sugar I bought from AEON is different...? I have no idea. So, this will be my first and also last try cupcake as I cannot take the sweetness and I don't have sweet tooth. But, good try!

Thanks for reading! Have a nice day!

No comments: